Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Writing? What's that?

I'll admit there has been very little real writing going on around here as of late. For a multitude of reasons. One of them is one year of age, teething, and sitting on my lap right now. Also, I had a great arrangement with a good friend to keep my kids one day a week so I could devote that day to writing, but that didn't work out because I didn't stay disciplined and because she went out and got a real job.

I have been doing some work since I last posted here in 2009, though. I have been writing for the blog at Knowledge Equips and have been offered a job as a drama instructor with a local performing arts studio. That position will start within a couple of months, as soon as the new studio is up and running.

Writing anything with two busy, active young children in the house is so incredibly difficult, but I plan to make more of an effort, starting today. So, here is my first blog post back here. A few days ago, I pulled out my copy of the Gotham Writers' Workshop book Writing Fiction. I'm going to start going through it and do some of the exercises and see what comes up. I also found my copy of Sparknotes How to Write Poetry, so stay tuned for updates of what comes out of digging into both of those books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember how it was when the kids were little, Tonya. Just write when you can and to keep your sanity-haha. When you get my age you will have more time. I still manage to wast a lot of time though. Congrats on the new job--sounds exciting!