Saturday, April 11, 2009

PAD Challenge Day #11

A childless, husbandless Saturday morning have made for some great quiet contemplation, reading and writing time! Yay! And the rain made a fabulous addition to the morning - accentuating my mood perfectly.

So, here are my two contributions to the PAD for today:

What To Do?

what to do
with the leftovers of you?

a cardboard box
is all that remains

contents of our life
that were not mine

one straw hat
two old work boots
unopened mail with your name only
a deck of 51 cards
half a pair of gloves
two t-shirts
one with a picture of the Ramones
one with two holes and a company logo
the yellow durable jobsite radio – always good for garage projects

I’ll set it here at the curb
for the trash man

only I think I’ll
keep the radio

-----------------------------------------------------------

Eucalyptus Spearmint

the green bottle
with the black pump

creamy lotion
spilling from inside

vintage looking
label spilling contents

the soothing aroma
puts me to sleep

No comments: