Wednesday, April 8, 2009

PAD Challenge Day #8

For the prompt write about a routine:

Mornings

Pad, pad, pad, pad, pad
of little feet on the carpet
all the way across the living room.
A tentative “Mom?” then, sometimes,
a louder “Mom!” to awaken
the sleeping bear. Good mornings
are exchanged and the little figure
climbs up into the bed.
Sometimes we snuggle back down
under the covers and fade
back into dreamland.
Other days she is fully awake
and no amount of coaxing will
buy any more sleep time.
Then it is, “Look, Mom, it’s time
to get up. It’s sunny all day!”

----------------------------------------------------------

Routine

Routines are boring
Who needs ‘em?
I like variety
spontaneity
originality
excitement
I hate getting bogged down
with have tos
ought to dos
must dos
always dos
Give me a different day
every day
and I’m happy
So what shall we do today?
Sounds great!
But first I have to
go brush my teeth

No comments: